In the interest of peaking your curiosity about this tiny country nestled, but not lost, between Argentina and Brazil, here are five fun facts about Uruguay:
- Cows outnumber people with 12 million cattle, but just three million people.
- Uruguay is about the size of Oklahoma, with more than half of the population living in the capital, Montevideo.
- Religious holidays have secular names. For example, Christmas is Family Day.
- Very progressive. Same-sex marriage, marijuana and prostitution are legal.
- Most places offer a 20% discount when you use your VISA credit card.
Interest peaked? Check out these websites for more fun facts:
Check out our other Montevideo posts: